Sunday 16 September 2012

The Charm - Alana Siegel (Olivia Hart and the Gifted Program #1)

*5 stars* I don't like to give a perfect score. But this time I did.

Again, a huge thank you for the author for providing me with a copy in exchange of a review! A pretty cover and intriguing synopsis made sure, that I fell for the book from the first look!

The beginning was slow. The characters were introduced properly, before we got into the deeper action, but at times it felt too unnecessarily draggy. About halfway through the book, we finally got to some action. I really liked, how all the discovery was set up and Olivias complete obliviousness. Her thorough bafflement made me smile, cute! And even though I'm a sucker for a good romance, it was refreshing to have a storyline were the impossible love was not the main focus. There was just enough romance to keep me rooting for the shy couple. Cutecutecute!

And I really liked the idea of the Gifted. Not even as unique, but so well thought through. The pace felt exactly right. Not too rushed or slow.  The characters rocked as well. Justin really was intense, and the friendship between Jamie and Olivia ♥ The ending left me wishing I had the sequel called The Retreat already! It's said, that hope is for fools, but I REALLY hope, that someday, the #2 book in the Olivia Hart and the Gifted Program series becomes available for ARR as well! Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment