Saturday 8 September 2012

Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire (Beautiful #1)

*5 stars* I read an ebook edition and have to say I LOVE this cover. More than the other one.

Such a good-mood book.  It made me happy. Regardless of the plot, this emotional roller-coaster decides if I like a book or not. And this one rocked with full speed. I was tearing though the pages, forsaking precious few hours of sleep just to read, moaaar! I even liked the plot, for once with all the drama. Their relationship was crazy, so was their drama. It was intense and sexy as hell.

It was refreshing to meet female character coming from shady background. Abby grew up playing poker with her dad and drinking each other under the table.More than anything she wants to get from anything, reminding her her childhood. But typically, Travis is exactly all that and a lot more. Both had their own demons (and each other) to battle with.

Travis's family, "Six unruly, foul-mouthed and lovable men" like Abby said, made me grin wide. The sweetest type of a real family. Everyone's goofing around, but at the same time they're always there, at your back. I would have loved to hear more of Jim, Travis's father. "You're not the only one with a Poker face." Oh Travis, Travis *million hugs*.

And I just can't help but roll on the floor laughing, when thinking about Parker. He was just so completely and ultimately dumped, repeatedly. The conversations about Parker went on something like, "And Parker? He's not talking to me. Again." Hilarious!

I have to say the ending was unexpected. I almost sprayed out my tea, when I read it. But I guess, I really shouldn't be. It's them after all! Nothing was ordinary.

I also dug up the #2 book. Told in Travis POV. I'm very sceptic about these type of sequels. Seems like a cheap way to carry on. But first we'll have to survive the end of the world. The release of Walking Disaster is scheduled in 2013 after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment