Wednesday 10 October 2012

Top Ten Tuesday ( #2) Books You'd Hand To Someone Who Doesn't Like To Read

Top Ten Books is an awesome weekly  meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.This week we were given a free pick from all the previous topics, which is really good, because I've missed out so much! I want to dedicate it to my little brother, who always says he hates reading and after a lot of grumbling and convincing ends up loving the books I choose. While choosing, I tried to pick books, which would make the reader enjoy it and want to read more. So without further ado, my choice for this weeks TTT:

Top Ten Books You'd Hand To Someone Who Says They Don't Like To Read:

  1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. I think this series is an awesome way to get people reading. You couldn't really not like it. Every book is different and filled with myths combined with our everyday lives. It's funny, quick paced and just plain awesome!
  2. by Michael Scott. It's pretty much the same. A great series about completely ordinary brother and sister who are suddenly thrown into the midst of magic and long forgotten mythical creatures. 
  3. Pretty much any book by Terry Pratchett. He is just hilarious and as one of my favorite authors I recommend his books to everyone. I mostly end up laughing and clutching my stomach.
  4. Following the same track, I most definitely would recommend the Bartimaeus trilogy by Jonathan Strout. I still remember reading it for the first time, I though it was the best series in the world. There'shardly anything more amusing then a stuck up gin released from a bottle and a clumsy teenage boy.
  5. From the classics, depending on a person, but still, I'd recommend Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bront

6 comments:

  1. Really interesting list - I also loved The Alchemist, HP (of course) & Wuthering Heights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tanya! Thank you, I really feel they should be everyones must reads.

      Delete
  2. I love the Percy Jackson series and I agree that it's a great way to get someone reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if only my brother would finally pick it up! We both know he'd really like it, but hes so lazy -_-

      Delete
  3. This is such a great list! I agree with everything on it.

    - Ellie @ The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ellie! Thank you so much! Trying to pick only 10 out of all I have read turned out to be so much more difficult than I would have thought! I'm glad I succeeded :)

      Delete