Friday 19 October 2012

Feature and Follow Friday #4

Feature and Follow Friday is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. Every week they choose a featured blogger with questions to answer to everybody. A wonderful way to meet other bloggers and discover blogs! Share the love!

This weeks question:

When you step out of your USUAL genre what do you like to read? Best books in that genre?

For now, my usual genre would be Young Adult. However, that has only been so for about a year and half, I'd say. I used to really enjoy a good crime novel (anything by Agatha Christie, Rex Stout and Erle Stanley Gardner.) Also epic fantasy has always been my soft spot, I just usually prefer it in YA genre. But my current love is A Song of Ice and Fire series by G.R.R. Martin. Long live! And I have always loved historical fiction about Ancient Egypt, my personal favorites are Sinuhe the Egyptian by Mika Waltari and Ramses series by Christian Jaque. Such fond memories!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, you have quite varied tastes. I'm with you on the George RR Martin thing. New follower. Here's mine:My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah. I like to try a bit of everything. GRRM is awesome author! Followed back!

      Delete
  2. Great answer :) I love George RR Martin too.

    Thanks for stopping by, I'm now following you back.

    Leah @ Uncorked Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, GRRM is an epic writer, I only hope we'll see the end of his saga at least in a decade or so :D

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my FF! I'm going through a YA phase too, but it is nice to explore other genres from time to time. New follower =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you Heather! I love YA, but still, some variety at times is needed.

      Delete
  4. Ditto on the George RR Martin. I'm a science fiction junkie myself! PNR is what I read out of my genre! :)

    New follow via GFC.

    Julie~ New Adult Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! Returned the favor ^^

      Delete
  5. A Song of Ice and Fire fan here too! <3 :) My favorite of the books so far is A Storm of Swords!

    New follower via GFC!

    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of these books before but they sound like something I might enjoy! Thanks for sharing them!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. Great choice!

    http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Awesome blog! I've just followed you :)

    Cheers,
    J.H. Myn
    http://jhmyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete