Monday 19 December 2011

City of Bones - Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments #1)

*5stars*

I didn't even wan't to read this book. On Goodreads there was an awful lot of negative critizism. But, which book doesn't, right? What got me reading were the quotes actually. Quirky and funny, if the whole book were like this... 

“That's why when major badasses greet each other in movies, they don't say anything, they just nod. The nod means, 'I' am a badass, and I recognize that you, too, are a badass,' but they don't say anything because they're Wolverine and Magneto and it would mess up their vibe to explain.”

It kinda was. I mean I was maddly giggling on my bed, listening an audiobook, at 3 A.M. Seriously? I don't even remember, which book last managed to make me laugh that much.

Jace was a perfect match  between a villain and a hero. He didn't go around raping the girl he confessed to be maddly in love with, like so much dark heros tend to think equals ultimate love. He was the type of guy who burning down your house and laughing still managed to look tender and romantic. And Clary? I loved her as well. She didn't whine about wanting both of the guys. She made her choices (indeed, back and fort, but anyway) and she lived with it. And the famous second lead! Simon, I luff you as well!!! Behind a whimpy kid there's an actual character. An actual story that was interesting! And the best side character, Magnus. I think I died laughing.

“Magnus, standing by the door, snapped his fingers impatiently. "Move it along, teenagers. The only person who gets to canoodle in my bedroom is my magnificent self."
"Canoodle?" repeated Clary, never having heard the word before.
"Magnificent?" repeated Jace, who was just being nasty."



Magnus, you're the best! I wish I could have you as my personal rainbow clolored and glittering warlock turned best friend.
There was action, romance, a hell lot of paranormal creatures and a bucketfull of crazy laughters!

I loved Jace and I loved Clary. I loved every character and all the Shadowhunter-Downworlder thing. I'll try to cut back on all the gushing now about every single moment I loved. I think you got the idea. READ IT! 

The day after finishing the first book, I went to the bookstore and got the first three books. That's how much I loved that series.

No comments:

Post a Comment